Monday 15 September 2014

David Koma at London Fashion Week!

We arrived at Somerset House in London last night after navigating the nightmare that is London's replacement tube services to find hundreds upon hundreds of the most fabulously dressed men and women I've ever seen. We arrived an hour early because it took so long to get in to central London that we didn't have time to go exploring like we originally planned. There was also this funky bike race type of event - I'm not entirely sure what it was even now - but seeing so many bikes was an entirely new experience.

The tickets we won were to see David Komas' SS15 collection at 7pm. We ended up on the 5th row which wasn't ideal for an aspiring fashion photographer as there were so many bodies in the way, but I enjoyed every second of it nonetheless! I could sit and watch fashion shows all day long and not complain; there are no words to describe the adrenaline rush I got from taking photos at my first ever fashion show! A lot of my images suck for a variety of reasons - mainly people's heads in the way - but the decent ones are fantastic. Even if I do say so myself.

This was an absolutely amazing experience and even if you're not wanting to work in the world of Fashion I would highly recommend you attend a catwalk show. I can't wait to start my university course next week (please sign the petition against my campus being shut down here) and this was undoubtedly the best way to get the ball rolling for my degree!

Please do not steal my pictures. You can re-post them on your own platforms but please credit photographer Laura Goldup. Link to my website here.




No comments :

Post a Comment