Tuesday 7 October 2014

Settling in to University

Hi guys!

It's been ages since my last blog post and since I have some time with no lectures I figured I'd give you all an update of what's been going on!

So I moved to uni on the 21st September and being so far away from home (over 200 miles eeek) is both amazing and terrifying. Having so much freedom to do whatever I want all the time is so overwhelming sometimes that every now and then I just want to go back home and go back to college! The drastic change from strict regimes all day every day (wake up at 7, leave the house at 8.15, do college work until 4, eat tea at 6.30, go to bed at 10 so you have enough energy to repeat tomorrow) to not even being in timetabled lectures all day, sometimes not even being in every day of the week - I'm only in 3 days this week - is so alien to me. I can eat as little or as much of whatever I want and I can drink chocolate milk out of a wine glass and nobody can stop me. I can tidy my room if I want to or I can leave everything out after I've finished with it. I can stay in my pj's all day (we had a fire drill 2 days ago, late afternoon, and at least half the campus was in their pj's; one guy wasn't even dressed he just wrapped himself up in his duvet) and I can take a shower at 2.30am if that's what I fancy. In short - university life is terrifying.

Other than the amazing overwhelming-ness of literally everything I'd say I'm surviving quite well.

Laura

No comments :

Post a Comment